Business Operations is comprised of two units performing ten core functions. The following are brief descriptions of their responsibilities:
The purpose of the Park District Finance Department is to provide timely financial reports and analyses, effective purchasing services, and administrative support so District Management can make fiscal and organizational decisions for optimal use of District resources. The department is made up of the following divisions:
- ACCOUNTING: The Accounting Division manages fixed assets, billing, receivables, payables, payroll and timekeeping. The division performs regular reconciliations and analyses, and assists with the District’s annual external audit and preparation of its financial statements.
- BUDGET: The Budget Division assists with budgeting and operational planning. The division oversees the preparation and monitoring of the District’s annual budget, cash management, and long range financial planning. It advises other District departments on financial conditions and their budget status, assists with special budgetary requests, and reviews all Board agenda items that have District financial impact.
- TRAINING: The Training Division is responsible for developing and providing training to District staff with the focus of building a sustainable culture of continuous learning and excellence. This division also administers the student internship program at the District.
- PURCHASING: The Purchasing Division of Business Operations is responsible for managing the County Park’s purchasing card program, the transfer and disposal of surplus property (including various public auctions and other sales events) and the delivery and pick up of County related goods.
- IT: Provides technical assistance, training, and support for Park district staff in the areas of small electronics, desktop computers, and software. Administers and maintains Servers, applications, & desktop computer systems used by Park District Staff. Develops and implements information technology systems solutions to address District needs.
Parcs Unit is a division within the Business and Operations
- PERSONNEL/HUMAN RESOURCES:The Personnel division is responsible for the processing of all new hires and terminations of District employees, recruitment and selection tracking, benefit administration, FMLA and leave of absence requests, volunteer program and performance evaluation tracking.
- CIP/GRANT ADMINISTRATION: The Grant Administration division is responsible for the acquisition, maintenance, tracking of grants and coordination of the capital improvement program as it relates to the grants.
- RECORDS RETENTION:The Records Retention Division is responsible for ensuring that the District adheres to the County’s records retention policy in conjunction with working on establishing and implementing a District specific records retention plan.
- CONTRACTS:The Contracts Division is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and tracking of all contracts not related to the purchasing unit. This division is also responsible for the evaluation, modification, and standardization of all District contract templates.
- SECURITY:The Safety and Security Division is responsible for monitoring District Headquarters facility access, maintaining the Facility Emergency Action Plan, coordinating emergency drills, and ensuring staff CPR and First Aid certifications are current.
If you need to contact the Park District’s Finance Team, please send an email to Parks-Finance@rivcoparks.org.
Messages sent to this address are copied to the entire team, so you can be sure your inquiry is addressed in a timely manner by the appropriate team member.