Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area is a stunning 710-acre park situated at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains. It is located 6 miles South East of Old Town La Quinta and offers a delightful experience in the Coachella Valley. Lake Cahuilla is set in the midst of expansive lawns and picturesque mountaintops making it a spectacular destination.
Lake Cahuilla is the ideal nature getaway with 91 individual and group campsites near the gorgeous Santa Rosa Mountains. It is an easy destination for anyone looking to quickly escape the city life and become immersed in unparalleled views and all the outdoor activities available. Fun-filled fishing in the 135 acre lake, hiking and horseback trails nearby, and a cooling swimming pool are just a few of the great adventures campers can experience. Open grass areas with picnic tables and barbeques are splendid for special events from company gatherings to birthday parties.
Enjoying a special day or vacation at beautiful Lake Cahuilla is the perfect way to break away from the hectic schedule of everyday life.
Park guides and more information are available at Riverside County Park District Headquarters or at Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area.
- 53 Hookup campsites
- 10 Water Only
- 20 Equestrian campsites
- 30 Primitive Individual Sites
- 113 acre lake
- Picnic facilities
- Free WiFi
- Swimming pool (open weekends April to September, $3 per person per session, proper swimming attire required)
- Dump station
- Horseback riding
- Ice available for purchase
- Barbeque grills
- Grill/fire rings
- Coined showers
- Pet friendly
- FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED AND NOT SOLD AT LAKE CAHUILLA
- No swimming/boating in the lake
- Bicycle riders must wear helmet
- Build fires only in safe, personal stoves in grill/fire rings provided
- No ground fires allowed
- No more than 6 occupants and 2 vehicles per site
- Maximum stay of 14 days within a 28-day period
- No fireworks
- No firearms
- Do not remove, deface, or disturb any part of the park features or wildlife
- Do not gather firewood in the park
- Do not attach anything to trees
- Pets must be kept on controlled leashes (Maximum leash length – 6 feet)
- Do not leave pet unattended
- Clean up promptly after pet
If you or your organization is interested in reserving one or more RivCo Parks campsites, cabins, campgrounds, or other park areas for an event, you may submit a Special Event Permit Application here: http://www.rivcoparks.org/reservations/special-events/special-event-application/ or for more information, call (800)234-PARK (7275), and select option 3 from the menu.