Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area is a beautiful 710-acre park set amid expansive lawns and picturesque mountain views, making it a spectacular day or overnight destination. Situated at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains 6 miles South East of Old Town La Quinta, Lake Cahuilla offers a delightful experience in the Coachella Valley.
With 91 individual and group campsites near the gorgeous Santa Rosa Mountains, Lake Cahuilla is a natural getaway and easy destination for anyone looking to quickly escape city life into unparalleled scenery and the many outdoor activities available. Fishing in the 135-acre lake, hiking and horseback riding on nearby trails, and swimming in a refreshing pool are just a few of the great experiences campers can expect. Open grass areas with picnic tables and barbeques are ideal for hosting a range of special events from birthday parties to company gatherings.
Park guides and more information are available at Riverside County Park District Headquarters or at Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area.
- 55 Hookup campsites
- 10 Water Only
- 20 Equestrian campsites
- 35 Dry Camping Individual Sites
- 135 acre lake
- Picnic facilities
- Free WiFi
- Sand Volleyball
- Swimming pool (open weekends April to September – proper swimming attire required)
- Dump station
- Horseback riding
- Ice available for purchase
- Barbeque grills
- Grill/fire rings
- Coined showers
- Pet friendly
- FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED AND NOT SOLD AT LAKE CAHUILLA
- No swimming/boating in the lake
- Bicycle riders must wear helmet
- Build fires in designated fire rings only
- No ground fires allowed
- No more than 6 occupants and 2 vehicles per site
- Maximum stay of 14 days within a 28-day period
- No fireworks
- No firearms
- Do not remove, deface, or disturb any part of the park features or wildlife
- Do not gather firewood in the park
- Do not attach anything to trees
- Pets must be kept on controlled leashes (Maximum leash length – 6 feet)
- Do not leave pet unattended
- Clean up promptly after pet
- *Passport America discounts are not applicable with other discounts.
If you or your organization is interested in reserving one or more RivCo Parks campsites, cabins, campgrounds, or other park areas for an event, you may submit a Special Event Permit Application here: http://www.rivcoparks.org/reservations/special-events/special-event-application/ or for more information, call (800)234-PARK (7275), and select option 3 from the menu.