A favorite destination of campers and anglers from all over the country as well as local residents, beautiful Rancho Jurupa Park is situated along the Santa Ana River and located behind Mt. Rubidoux just west of charming historic downtown Riverside. This popular award-winning regional park boasts a natural semi-rural setting of shady cottonwood trees, graceful meadows, and two lovely 3-acre lakes, while still providing easy access to the entertainment opportunities and urban conveniences of the city.
Visitors to Rancho Jurupa Park enjoy a gorgeous 200-acre recreational area with many amenities. Activities include a thrilling splash pad for water play, a rock climbing playground, miniature golf surrounded by spectacular waterfalls, and a disc golf course. Rancho Jurupa’s lakes, regularly stocked with trout during the colder seasons and catfish in the warmer months, provide excellent fishing opportunities, including a popular annual trout fishing derby held in January. Magnificent trails lead to countless hiking and biking adventures, including access to the Santa Ana River Trail and a 1-mile trek to the Louis Robidoux Nature Center.
Park guides and more information are available at Riverside County District Headquarters or at Rancho Jurupa Park.
For overnight or extended stays, guests can choose from two great campgrounds that suit the needs of tent and RV campers alike. Lakeview Campground, nearest the lakes and a popular camping spot for both RV and tent campers, features mature shade trees and all the charms of a classic family campground. Cottonwood Campground is a state-of-the-art RV campground designed to meet the more sophisticated needs of RV-lifestyle campers, providing all the modern conveniences such as laundry facilities, cable and Wi-Fi access. In addition, our luxurious new rental cabins offer effortless comfort and convenience while still providing access to the great outdoors.
*Note: Sites 240 through sites 261 are dirt sites.
*Note: Shade Shelters #1, #2, and #3 in the Lakeview Day Use Area no longer has electricity.
- 140 sites
- Gopher Hole Store
- 72 with full hook up
- 60 with cable, T.V. and Wi-Fi
- 68 with water and electricity
- Picnic areas
- 2 fishing lakes
- Coin operated showers
- Children’s playgrounds
- Open grass areas
- Pet friendly
- Dump stations
- Horseshoe pits
- Splash pad
- Miniature golfing
- Cabin Rentals
- Disc Golf
- Rock Climbing
- Louis Robidoux Nature Center within walking distance
- Bicycle riders must wear helmet
- Build fires only in safe, personal stoves in grill/fire rings provided
- No ground fires allowed
- No more than 6 occupants and 2 vehicles per site
- Maximum stay of 14 days within a 28-day period
- No fireworks
- No firearms
- Do not remove, deface, or disturb any part of the park features or wildlife
- Do not gather firewood in the park
- Do not attach anything to trees
- Pets must be kept on controlled leashes (Maximum leash length – 6 feet)
- Do not leave pet unattended
- Clean up promptly after pet
* HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET & CABLE TV is provided as a convenience only & is not integral to the lease. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to services.