Riverside County Regional Park and Open-Space District partnered with the Economic Development Agency and Jurupa Unified School District to design and develop the Jurupa Aquatic Center. This center, on 7.5 acres, is composed of two parts – “The Cove Waterpark” and “Competition Pool”.
The Cove, home to mascot “Captain JAC,” is a state-of-the-art aquatics facility. This Caribbean themed waterpark consists of:
- Captain’s Bay – an activity pool in the middle of the “Treasure Cove”
- Lil’ Mate’s Lagoon – a pirate-themed splash playground aimed towards children.
- Ne’er Endin’ River – a continuous river that consists of a shallow pool that flows similarly to a river. Riders pass under a bridge, waterfalls, and past pools while relaxing on a tube.
- Crow’s Nest – a slippery slide tower featuring three exciting slides to choose from. Each slide is 180 feet of fun!
- Riptide Reef – a FlowRider®. It features a slightly sloped wave surface that generates a smooth “barrel-less” wave that riders can dual body board on or stand to “surf” while miles away from the beach!.
- Full Service Concession, Back Yard Grille
- Restrooms and Lockers
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Birthday Parties
- Caribbean Theme
- Three Water Slides
- Dual Body Boarding on a FlowRider®.
- Splash Playground
- Continuous River
- Shade Structures
- Covered Picnic Areas/Shade Shelters
- Lawn Area
- Terraced Lawn Area