Trout Fishing Derby
Grab your fishing poles, it’s that time of the year again! Come to Rancho Jurupa Park January 23, 2017 for the Annual Trout Fishing Derby. Gear up for fierce fishing and family fun, many prizes will be awarded to those who catch the biggest fish! Pre sale $15.00, Day of $20.00
For more information, please call (951) 684-7032
The Fishing Derby held at Lake Cahuilla – February 27, 2016, is a skilled competition open to the
general public and anglers of all ages.
Derby Regulation – A day pass fishing permit will be required in order to limit the number of anglers to park capacity for the derby. Derby registration is available up to the derby location, but limited to the capacity limitations of site.
1. Gates will open at 6:00 AM. Derby Hours: 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Fishing will be available until 5:00 PM
2. Air horn signifies derby start at 7:00 AM. NO LINES IN WATER BEFORE 7:00 AM, STRICTLY ENFORCED.
3. Derby entry fees
a. Pre-Sale: $15 if purchased by February 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
b. $20 day of
4. California State Fish & Game and Riverside County Regional Parks fishing rules and regulations apply except for second rod.
5. State Fishing License for persons 16 years and older. Fishing License must be in the
contestant’s possession and visible at all times.
6. A wristband must be worn at all times by anglers participating in the derby.
7. Shoreline fishing only. No boats allowed.
8. Anglers must fish with only ONE closely attended fishing rod. No hand lines.
9. Catch and release is not allowed for event. Snagging of fish is prohibited and will not qualify for prizes.
10. Trout must be brought to the weigh station 12:00 PM. In order to obtain the derby prize, all fish must be freshly caught, live, fresh in appearance, not stiff, and intact. Limit five trout per person to weigh in.
11. Derby prizes will be awarded at 12:30 PM. Winner needs not be present.
12. Anglers and/or persons shall not violate any fishing derby rules, local, state, or federal laws in or around event site. Violators will be disqualified from competing, and wristband will be
forfeited and removed.
13. Decisions of Park personnel are final. Park personnel have the right to disqualify anyone in violation of any derby rule.
14. Eligibility: Employees of Riverside County Regional Parks and Open-Space District, and their immediate families, are not eligible.
15. Refunds: No refunds – derby will be held rain or shine.