- Tours of an era-preserved home
- Feed farm animals
- Picnic Area
- Adults – House and museum tour only – $4 Per Person
- Children 12 yrs. And younger – $3.00 each
- Dogs – $1.00
- Group tours are $7 per person, Tuesday – Friday, minimum 40 attendees.
- Open to the public Tuesday – Friday 2:00pm – 4:00pm, by appointment only
- Now open – 1st and 3rd Saturday’s of the month, 10am-4pm.
- Activities 1st Saturday 11am-3pm
- Appointments required for school programs
Jensen Alvarado Historic Ranch and Museum, located in Riverside off of the 60 Freeway and Rubidoux Blvd., is a 30-acre site housing the historic ranch built by retired sea captain Cornelius Jensen and his wife Mercedes Alvarado. This historic site affords visitors a peek into the past, depicting Southern California life as it was lived in the 1880’s.
The preserved home features furniture and utensils that belonged to the original owners, and the ranch itself showcases original farm tools, crops once tended by the family, orange groves, a windmill, a tank house, a milk house and an archaeology table. The museum, located in the family winery, contains additional farming equipment, Jensen’s saddle, tools, a buggy and other items related to the Jensen-Alvarado family.
Lead by interpreters in period-appropriate attire, demonstrations of tortilla and butter making, adobe brick making, ice cream cranking, washboard and wringer laundry, weaving, and various farming techniques from the 19th century are offered to groups with reservations. Group tours are available Tuesday through Friday by appointment only.
Upcoming events at Jensen Alvarado: There are no upcoming events at this time.
Address: 4307 Briggs Street Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Phone: (951) 369-6055
If you have additional questions, for a speedier response – please contact Guest Services for more information.